How to add a signature in ThunderBird ?
Signatures on emails relieve the sender from writing the same information over and over again. Signatures allow users to include the information to be sent with every email, including name, contact details or a quote.Colored signatures are particularly helpful when the mailbox is configured to send automated replies or messages. It is possible to add a signature under Thunderbird mail which is sent automatically. The information that forms the signature has to be put into a file and saved in HTML format so that it can be viewed properly in an internet browser. To add a signature under Thunderbird, use the mail settings tab.
To create your signature:
Right click on your desktop and select New Content > Text Document that you will save in html format (e.g. C:\Program Files\Mozilla thunderbird\Signature.txt)
To add it to Thunderbird:
- In Thunderbird, select Tools > Account Settings.
- In the left pane, click select the account for which you want to use the signature.
- Then, in the right pane check the Attach this signature.
- Finally, specify the path to the text file containing the signature.
- Confirm by clicking on OK.
You May Also Like
8,318 total views, 14 views today