MOTHER’S DAY 2019 | 10 WAYS TO CELEBRATE MOM
General question is comes in our mind that when is Mother’s Day and it is always celebrated on the second Sunday in May. It’s not a federal holiday, but Mother’s Day is widely celebrated as a special day to honor all mothers and motherhood. Together, let’s honor the women who raised us—and all the mothers who sacrificed for their children.
|2019||Sunday, May 12|
|2020||Sunday, May 10|
|2021||Sunday, May 9|
THE HISTORY OF MOTHER’S DAY
The greatest love is a mother’s; Then comes a dog’s, then comes a sweetheart’s.
Although the custom of setting aside a day to honor mothers has ancient roots, our observance of Mother’s Day mainly came about through the efforts of a devoted daughter, Anna M. Jarvis.
After the death of her own mother in 1905, Jarvis wanted to recognize the sacrifices mothers made for their children. She organized the first official Mother’s Day celebration in May 1908 at a Methodist church in Grafton, West Virginia.
On May 8, 1914, President Woodrow Wilson signed a proclamation designating the second Sunday in May Mother’s Day, and within a few years, the idea gained worldwide prominence.
10 WAYS TO CELEBRATE Mothers Day
1. Bring mom flowers! How about a bouquet with flowers that symbolize your relationship?
2. Give your mother a live plant. If your mom is a green thumb, consider giving her a new plant for her collection.
3. Design and plant a garden.
Give her the gift of a small garden. You can buy the plants and also plant them in the ground.
4. Bring mom breakfast in bed! How about a chocolate croissant from your local bakery?
5. Cook mom a special dinner! Think about her favorite food. Here are some yummy recipes passed down through the generations—made by moms and grandmothers!
6. Bake a cake! Traditionally, children in England always baked a cake for their Mother’s Day—called Mothering Sunday. If you like this tradition, here’s a truly delicious (and better than boxed) cake recipe: Chocolate Mousse Cake. We also love Nana’s Funny Cake.
7. Make a homemade gift. Mothers love gifts from the heart! Here are a few simple ideas:
- Lavender Sachets
- Rose Potpourri
8. Give your mother a locket with your photos. Forget about a digital photo gift. Imagine your mother’s delight to have a beautiful locket with photos of her children. She’ll treasure it forever!
9. Give your mother jewelry with your birthstone. For example, if your birthday is in August, give your mother peridot stud earrings. She’ll always think of her dear child when she wears them.
10. Make your own card. In our home, it’s a tradition to make a homemade card every year. Here’s one way to make Homemade Note Cards.
Wondering what to write in the card? How about sharing a funny story or happy memory of you and your mom? It will make her smile.
4,520 total views, 3 views today